- Vitamin C – Lemons are rich in vitamin C. According to the USDA, one lemon has about 30.7 milligrams of vitamin C. This is effective in fighting sicknesses, as vitamin C helps to boost the immune system and make the absorption of iron quicker, speeding up the process of getting rid of things like the cold.
- Dental Care – if you are suffering from a toothache, applying fresh lemon juice to the area can help to get rid of the pain. Separately, if you have bleeding gums, massaging fresh lemon juice on the gums can stop the bleeding.
- Bloating – Bloating is when fluid builds up in the body and is very uncomfortable. Many people believe that since bloating is a build up of fluid, drinking more would only increase the bloating. However, consuming fresh lemon juice on its own or in water can alleviate the bloating because lemons are natural diuretics and gentle laxatives. They can reduce the amount of salt retained in your body as well.
- Weight Loss – drinking a combination of lemon and water can help speed up the process of weight loss. This is because lemons contain a type of fiber called pectin. Pectin helps you feel full for a longer span of time. Because of the ‘full feeling,’ you’ll be less likely to consume more than you should, helping you to shed some extra pounds.
- Brain – lemons are high in potassium, making them important and effective in the nourishment of brain cells and nerve cells. Potassium isn’t produced naturally by the human body, so it’s important to get your daily dose of it. Lemons and lemon water are an excellent source for this.
- Anti-aging – once again, the immense amount of vitamin C in lemons is extremely helpful. The main function of vitamin C is to make collagen in the body. As we get older, the amount of collagen normally made in the body steadily decreases, resulting in sagging skin and wrinkles. The more vitamin C consumes, the more collagen produced, and the fewer wrinkles you have. This can make you appear younger than you truly are. Lemons are quite adequate in the amount of vitamin C they contain, making them a great thing to consume for anti-aging.
Let me know what you think of this post in the comments below, and tell me if you’ve tried any of these tips or seen any of these benefits. Tell me what you know about the health benefits of lemons and if you’ve seen any results.
♥ Thank you! ♥