Sometimes we just have a horrible day. Or week. Or moment! And in the busyness of our lives, we can become quite stressed, anxious, and overwhelmed. At least, that happens to me sometimes. Congrats to you if that doesn’t occur in your life.
But for those of you who do have rough times, here are my top ten ways to get happier.
- Peppy Playlist
- I have a playlist on my phone where all the songs on it are light and fun. They’re fun to dance around the house to, and they don’t require much thought. They’re not serious, they’re fun and happy. I always feel better when I blast the playlist through my headphones. My Peppy Playlist at the moment consists of about seven songs.
- Blanket Babe
- You could do this pretty much anywhere in your house (though I’m not recommending the bathroom.) I pull out a couple of my favorite blankets and pile them on top of me with a few pillows and watch TV or pin on Pinterest. Again, something that doesn’t require much thinking, but concentration. I love the feeling of being enraptured in warm, soft blankets and it usually puts me in a better mood afterward.
- Shower Chic
- SHOWER! I can’t tell you how many times I’m banging my head on the table, and then I take a shower and feel like a whole new person. Cleansing yourself externally gives you a fresh feeling when you step out of the shower, and gives you a fresh new attitude, too. If I had to pick one thing, I’d definitely tell you to take a shower first before anything else.
- Beautiful Bath
- If you happen to have more time on your hands, take a bath. Relax. Fill your tub with warm water and bubbles and leave a couple magazines on the side. Put away all electronics and relax.
- Technological Take-Away
- I find that when I’m stressed or unhappy, being on electronics for an extended period of time just makes me feel even worse. You’re not doing anything productive, and so it makes you feel like you’ve wasted time and perpetuates the unhappiness. Of course, 10-20 minutes of technology and watching long TV shows is fine, but don’t be on Pinterest, Twitter, or the like for a long time.
- Riveting Reading
- One of the best things to do if you’re unhappy is to read. Reading allows you to escape from the difficulties of your current situation and just be in the moment. You’ll be so immersed in the book that you’ll forget your worries. And it’s something to do.
- Scrumptious Sweets
- No, I’m not saying gorge yourself on candy. Don’t do that. Don’t stress eat. What I mean is try baking a delicious treat for yourself. Maybe brownies, cookies, or cake. Do it yourself, because you’ll feel productive and accomplished afterward.
- Orderly Organization
- Okay, okay, cleaning might not be what you want to do when you’re upset, but hear me out. When you organize or clean something, you get the feeling that a piece of your life is in order. And if you’re upset, you normally feel like your life is not in order. So organizing provides a sense of control.
- Devouring Da Detox
- When you’re feeling down, clean eating makes a difference. You feel clean, and that makes you feel free of negativity. As weird as it sounds, you’ll feel better by eating clean, healthy foods instead of the junky ones.
- Terrific Tea
- Not just tea . . . coffee, hot chocolate, or any warm drink will help to improve your mood. Drinking a warm drink makes you feel cozy and at peace, and so it’s something I recommend.
Leave a comment below if you have any more ideas or if you’ve tried any of these. Let me know if you want more posts like these. Stay happy!
♥ Thank you! ♥