- Write For Yourself – You began your blog for yourself. You didn’t create it to receive thousands of adoring fans or to make yourself look good. (Maybe, I don’t know. 😉 ) Point is: write what you love. Others are bound to love it too. Anything you are passionate about shows. I’d rather read a post about a headphone company someone is passionate about (and it shows) as opposed to an exotic trip to the edge of the Earth that someone obviously hated.
- Follow Up – When someone likes or follows your blog, make sure you check out what they have too. Getting and maintaining a good, strong support system lets people know you care. Because you should. So stop by their blog, like a new post or comment. It’ll mean a lot.
- Next Post – When concluding your latest post, make sure to let readers know what post will be coming out next. It will give them a reason to return to your blog and will drive more traffic.
- Be Consistent – Let your readers know that you’re serious about the blog and that it’s not last in your list of priorities. Even if it’s just a ten sentence blog post, it’s better than nothing.
- Keep It Short – I’m sorry, but when I click on a post to see a DIY tutorial or a recipe, I don’t want to read a long (sometimes irrelevant) novel. Either leave it out, put it in another post, or put it after the recipe. I don’t want to be scrolling for five minutes. Of course, this is my opinion, but if it’s not a story, then please keep it simple. 🙂
- Would You Follow Yourself? – You know yourself better than anyone, and if you were someone else, would you follow yourself? Do you like the content you’re putting out? If it’s not you, then you should probably rethink how you’re going about your blog.
- Don’t Think Link – Unless you’re sponsoring something, or it’s an affiliate link, don’t throw fifteen links into your post. (If it’s a recipe post or something that requires certain products, disregard this.) If you insert more than seven or so links into one paragraph, people will feel like you’re just using your readers for money and advertisement. Just a tip. Don’t over-do it. ❤
- Help Others and Yourself – You’re not in this alone. The blog community is wonderful, and you should help others and ask for help as much as you need it. You don’t have to flounder alone, and you can help others succeed as well. So use your resources!
What’d you think? More blogging tips to come!
♥ Thank you! ♥