I hope your week has been going well!
It’s been so humid where I am. Because of the intense heat, I was inspired to compile a list of the best tricks and tips for beating the heat that I know or I have learned. Tell me if you tried any of these and if they worked! Let me know what you do to beat the heat too.
So . . . How do I Beat the Heat?
Eat Spicy Foods
- No, I’m not crazy, trust me! It’s been scientifically proven that spicy food increases blood circulation, making you sweat. You feel cooler when the sweat produced by the food dries.
- Some spicy foods, such as hot peppers, contain capsaicin, which actually encourages your body to sweat! But, it doesn’t raise your body temperature. Neat, right?
Drink Coconut Water
- Coconuts are tasty, in my opinion, so this is a fun one! Coconut water is a natural energy drink, and it contains natural sugars and electrolytes! In a brief description, electrolytes are responsible for important functions such as nerve impulses, muscle function, and pH level.
- Coconut water naturally cools the body.
- Coconut water, or just coconuts, ease burns. Now I know this isn’t a way to cool yourself, but if you get sunburned in the summer, you can use anything coconut to alleviate the sunburn.
I prefer Vita Coco Coconut Water over any other kind.
Avoid Ice Cold Drinks
- “What? I thought you should drink cold things on a hot summer day!” – Nope. Your digestive system is like a fire. A fire that converts food into energy. By drinking freezing cold liquids, you’re pretty much putting out that fire.
- When you put out your digestive system’s fire, your body cannot convert what you’re consuming into energy as quickly, leaving you feeling dehydrated and hot.
- Drink things that are at more of a room temperature, because you’ll keep your digestive system’s fire alive, and you’ll feel rehydrated and cooler quicker.
Use Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera (the juice, at least) has been proven to have cooling properties!
Utilize the Power of Peppermint, or Mint in General
- Mint contains a chemical called TRPM8, which is a menthol. The receptors in your mouth respond to this chemical.
- This chemical is found in all cold-sensing nerve cells, which tricks your body into thinking it’s cold, making your body slightly lower its body temperature.
- Making a mist with mint or peppermint would be a great way to cool yourself down! Try making a pot of peppermint tea, and then placing it in the fridge to cool. After it’s cooled, pour it into a spray bottle and mist yourself with it!
I love the Twinings Peppermint Tea because it’s 100% pure peppermint and is naturally caffeine free.
Create a Cross-Breeze
- This is the hack for you if you don’t have air conditioning! You can create a cross breeze by placing a fan in front of a window in order to capture the wind outside. This wind is then blowing through the fan into your house along with the wind created by the fan. This gives you a better breeze and an easier way to cool yourself down!
What do you think? Do you like these ideas, and do you want more of ideas like these?
*This post contains affiliate links. However, all opinions are, as always, my own and I would never recommend anything that I do not think would be beneficial to you as one of my readers.
♥ Thank you! ♥