I hope you’re all having a lovely week! This just might be the best post yet! This post is going to be the first of hopefully many other social media related posts that break down how to utilize those platforms to your advantage. This is a longer post, but it’s so, so helpful.
*THIS IS NOT SPONSORED.*
As a blogger, it is of utmost importance to gain traffic and produce quality content in order for your blog to make an impact and become successful on a grander scale. That being said, social media platforms are key if you want to continue to drive traffic and engagement, and have new readers. Right now, my platforms are Instagram and Pinterest. If you do not have a Pinterest, I highly recommend you start one. With my Pinterest platform, I have been able to grow traffic, come up with trendy blog post ideas, discover what my audience is engaged in, and more. In this post, it will be revealed to you how I used Pinterest to my advantage. You do not have to pay for anything, download anything (unless you’d like the Pinterest app), or sign up for other social media platforms in order to fully access all the features (like Instagram).
With my Pinterest platform, I have been able to grow traffic, come up with trendy blog post ideas, discover what my audience is engaged in, and more.
Sorry for the long introduction. Let’s jump right in!
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a social network that allows its users to share images and videos with each other in a visual format. Users can share images and videos while they can also save them to their own or others boards (a shared board). These boards usually have a common theme, such as Fashion or Home Decoration. Pinterest also allows users to browse what others have shared or saved to their boards. Users can follow other users and can create shared boards.
1. How to Grow Traffic
The best way I’ve found to grow traffic is to create and become a part of shared boards (group boards). I am currently a part of nine group boards, some created by me and some created by others. Since then, I’ve grown from 35 followers to 119 in the span of two and a half months. This is a 340% increase!
Create and/or become a part of shared boards (group boards). Since doing this, I’ve seen a 340% increase in my following in the last two and a half months!
How do I Create a Group Board? Step by Step on Computer
- Make a Board on Your Profile.
- Open the Board by Clicking on it.
- Click the Edit Button. It looks like a pencil.
- A Pop-up of Your Board’s Configuration Should Come up.
- Click on the Collaborators Feature and Type in the Username of who you Want to Add to Your Board. Click on the Correct User That you Want to Add.
- Click Save.
How Does a Group Board Increase Traffic?
A group board increases traffic to your Pinterest account in the following ways:
- A group board that YOU made yourself is the best way to go if you want to increase traffic and get a larger following. This is because whoever accepts your invitation to a group board you made yourself automatically follows you. When you accept an invite to a group board, it is an automatic thing. If you invite 60 people to your board and they all accept, then you automatically have 60 new followers.
- A group board made by OTHERS is also a good way to increase traffic. Though you are not getting follows by joining another user’s board, you are featured in the list of contributors to the board that is at the top of the board. You’re getting promoted in a way, and so people will likely find you in more places, and you’ll get more traffic to your Pinterest.
2. How to Come up With Trendy Post Ideas
Sometimes, as a blogger, it is difficult to come up with ideas that many people will want to read. Luckily for you, Pinterest can be very helpful with that. When you click on the search bar to search for pins, the things that are trending on Pinterest pop up. You can’t type in anything because then it will go away.
How to Find the Trending Topics
- Go to the Search Bar.
- Click on it. DON’T TYPE ANYTHING IN.
How Does This Grow Blog Traffic?
These ideas have been deemed trending through analytics, and because these ideas are popular with a huge amount of the Pinterest users, you’re sure to drive traffic to your blog. If users are looking those ideas on Pinterest, there’s a high chance they’re looking up those ideas on search engines too.
How Does This Help You With Ideas?
If you take an idea directly from what’s trending with a large number of people, you’ll be able to have a broad spectrum of information just from pins about that topic. Generally, seven or so trending topics are shown, so that could potentially be seven trendy blog posts.
3. How to Discover What Your Audience is Engaged in
Another key to any sort of success has got to be knowing your audience and having an engaged one. Followers are great, but the goal of your blog is to have readers, not a bunch of inactive numbers. It’s important to have an engaged audience that will go to your blog, read, comment, and like posts, as well as provide feedback.
Followers are great, but the goal of your blog is to have readers, not a bunch of inactive numbers.
If you do not have a Pinterest business account, (which I suggest you get), then the best way to figure out what your audience is engaged in is to look at the number of followers you have on certain boards. Sometimes, one board has way more followers than the others or boards with the same general topic have more followers than other topics.
Maybe your audience is really interested in hairstyles. You would now this by seeing that your board with pins about hairstyles would have more followers than other boards. Maybe your audience is interested in the general topic of food, therefore your recipe and food styling boards have more followers.
IMPORTANT: IN ORDER TO GROW BLOG TRAFFIC, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR WEBSITE LINKED TO YOUR PINTEREST ACCOUNT. IF NOT, THESE TIPS WILL NOT BE CONDUCIVE TO YOUR BLOG’S SUCCESS.
How do I Link my Blog to my Pinterest Account?
- Press the Settings Button.
- Go to Profile and Paste Your Website’s URL.
- Click Save.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it. Do not copy, re-post, or rewrite this content. Have a wonderful day, and let me know if you have any questions or like this post!
Want to Follow me on Pinterest?
Do so here.
♥ Thank you! ♥