Hello, everyone! I hope you’re having a lovely week.
I’m quite excited to share with you all the new recipe I have curated. On a scorching hot, humid, summer day, a cool and refreshing drink sounds amazing, doesn’t it? Of course, no one wants to be inside for hours on end making and perfecting a difficult drink with crazy ingredients only to have it drunk in a matter of minutes. That’s no fun when you could be outside in the warm weather enjoying the sunshine and catching a breeze. This is why I have created the perfect summer drink that you can make in a matter of minutes with regular household items! What’s even better is that the drink is aesthetically pleasing, because of it’s ombré. So it’s the perfect sort of drink for your summer Instagram feed.
This is the perfect summer drink that you can make in a matter of minutes with regular, everyday household items!
Let’s get into it!
There will be a printable PDF at the end. ❤
Ombré Lime Slushy – The Recipe
- Prep Time – 5 Minutes
- Make Time – 15 Minutes
- Total Time – 20 Minutes
- 1/4 cup of Lime Juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup of Ginger Ale (or Sprite)
- 1/3 cup and 1 Tablespoon of white granulated sugar
- Zest From 1/2 a lime (optional)
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 Teaspoon of Cherry Syrup
- Measuring Cup(s)
- Measuring Spoons
- Cups (or bowls – whatever floats your boat)
- A Straw or Spoons
D I R E C T I O N S
- Get out all your necessary ingredients and equipment. Exclude getting the ice out before step 2 is finished, as you don’t want it to melt on you.
- Add your lime juice, ginger ale (or sprite), zest (optional) and sugar to your blender. Blend until these ingredients are combined and the majority of the sugar is dissolved. (The sugar dissolves pretty quickly.)
- After the ingredients have been blended, gradually add your ice. Start with maybe 1/2 a cup at a time. Add 1/2 a cup of ice, and blend. Then another 1/2 cup of ice and blend. Continue this until you’ve added all your ice and blended it. This should be the consistency you reach –
- Here comes the ombré step!
- Pour into a cup. Add your cherry syrup to the top of your drink, making sure to distribute it evenly throughout the top layer. You don’t want to pour it in one spot, because then the redness of the cherry could make the making of the ombré a bit difficult.
- Using a straw or spoon, mix the cherry syrup around on the top, and push a little bit towards the middle of your cup. Stir gently, so that you don’t make the whole drink red.
- Enjoy!! 😀
T H E F I N I S H E D P R O D U C T
Roll your mouse over the two above images to see the captions.
G O O D T O K N O W
– If you accidentally mess up steps 4 and 5, that’s totally okay! You can either choose to not do the ombré, or you can push all the syrup to the bottom and create the ombré that way. Either way, it’s still beautiful and tasted the same in the end.
– You can choose to omit the syrup, or try a different flavor. Omitting the cherry syrup will make you lose the ombré part of this recipe, and changing the flavor of syrup may work differently in the drink as well. But in the end, it will taste and look amazing anyway!
If you have any questions or concerns, leave them in the comments below! Also, if you try this recipe, let me know! – and make sure to credit me.
Here is your printable version of this recipe – Ombré Lime Slushy Printable PDF
While you’re here, check out some more related posts I think you’ll enjoy! 🙂
♥ Thank you! ♥
No part of this post or this blog's content may be copied, pasted, edited, re-posted, or used in any way without the owner's (me) written permission/consent.