Hello everyone! I hope you’re having a lovely week!
So before we get into this post and reveal this AMAAAZING recipe, I’d just like to thank one of my followers! (Click Read More)
To the recipe intro! –
Since the holidays are now upon us (eeeeeee the excitement!), there will be many, many get togethers/parties and the like. It’s important to have a quick, easy, inexpensive, and DELICIOUS recipe to go to. These chocolate drops are for any chocolate lover (like… I don’t know… ME) or for anyone who likes to make treats but doesn’t like spending hours trying to figure out crazy hard recipes.
If you weren’t born a baker but have a huge sweet tooth, or you don’t have lots of time (me,) or you’re just feeling lazy (also me – I get you,) THIS. IS THE RECIPE. FOR YOU!
** There will be a printable PDF at the end! 😀
T H E R E C I P E
What you’ll need –
- 1/2 a bag of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (I used Hershey’s)
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet(s)
- Small Pot/Saucepan
- Heat-Resistant Bowl
D I R E C T I O N S
Makes: About 12 Large Drops or 24 Small Drops
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Make Time: About 20 Minutes (the melting of the chocolate chips takes up about 5-7 minutes)
Cool Time: About 10-15 Minutes (in the freezer)
T O T A L T I M E: 30-40 Minutes
(I suspect the total time it takes to make these will drop drastically after the first time you make the drops)
- Bring out your cookie sheets and place the parchment paper on them.
- Take your saucepan and fill it up with water a little less than halfway. Place it on the stove, and bring the water to either a simmer or low boil. While that’s happening, fill your bowl with the chocolate chips.
- Once the water reaches a simmer, rest the bowl over the saucepan, or hold the bowl over the saucepan with an oven mitt over your hands to protect yourself from the steam. The steam is what you’ll be using to melt the chocolate chips. Keep stirring until the chocolate is fully melted.
- After the chocolate is fully melted, take it off the steam and get ready to make the drops. Be sure to turn off the stove!
- Now all that’s left to do is take a teaspoon of melted chocolate and drop it (hence the name) onto the parchment paper. Spread out the drop of chocolate with the back of your spoon or teaspoon.
- Once you’ve used all your chocolate, place the cookie sheets with the chocolate drops on parchment paper into the freezer or fridge. If you put them in the freezer and the drops are not done after 15 minutes, place them in the fridge so that the chocolate doesn’t turn white.
- Take out and enjoy!
Now – The 4 Different & Easy Types of Chocolate Drops to Try!
(Regarding the names.. I’m trying, ok? 😉 )
- Chocolate Pretzel Palooza Drops
- Try crushing up some pretzels and sprinkling them on top of your chocolate drops before cooling them. I put mine in a Ziploc bag and rolled them with a rolling pin. I think this type of drop was my favorite!
- Palatable Peanut Butter Chocolate Drops
- Take some peanut butter (I used creamy) and put a dollop in the center of your chocolate drop before cooling it. Swirl it around, and there you have it! I swirled mine with a toothpick. It’s either this drop or the pretzel one that is my favorite – I just can’t choose!
- Commendable Caramel Chocolate Drops
- Take some caramel syrup and pour a little onto the chocolate drop before it’s cooled. Swirl it around. That’s it! I used a toothpick for this.
- Scrumptious Sprinkled Chocolate Drops
- This is probably the easiest. Take whatever sprinkles you want and… well… sprinkle them onto your drops before they have cooled. It’s as easy as that!
F I N I S H E D P R O D U C T
Access the PDF Here!
I hope you loved this post! It took me forever, haha. Any feedback or comments you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for stopping by! I believe my next post will be on how to truly be yourself or motivational #girlboss quotes. It should be up within the next week so stay tuned!
While you’re here, check out some related posts I think you’ll love!
- Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Egg Free!)
- Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding (Non-Dairy!)
- Non – Dairy Milkshake Drink!
Have a great week! Stay smart and sparkly ~