Hello everyone! The New Year, 2018, is almost here! I can’t believe it. I have two new posts I’m very excited to work on for 2018 – a collection of valuable lessons and quotes from 2017, and the best songs from 2017! Stay tuned!
But with the New Year comes stress – post-holiday stress, stress about sticking to new resolutions, stress about life in general! Well, I’m here to help you deal with all that stress. Let’s get right into it!
Get Lost in a Good Book
- I believe books are magical things, and there’s nothing like cozying up on the couch, piling blankets over yourself, and just immersing yourself in a good book.
Drink Tea (I recommend Chamomile!)
- With that book, you can drink some relaxing tea. I find that herbal teas, especially chamomile, really help to relax me and help me unwind after a long day.
- This one is so important. Exercise releases “feel-good” chemicals like endorphins, so exercise is a great way to put yourself into a better mood.
Enjoy a Soak
- Pull yourself from the stress in your life by taking a warm bath. *Epsom salts also help to relax muscles and joints.
- Take a stroll, walk your dog, sit under a tree – anything that’ll help you get outside, get some fresh air, and stimulate your senses. I know that for me, being outside helps me clear my mind.
Do Something for Yourself
- Whether that be painting your nails, eating fruits or a slice of cake, or buying flowers, do something for yourself as a reward for all the hard work you’ve been doing. You deserve it after so much stress!
Listen to Music
- I enjoy listening to classical music, instrumental, upbeat and happy – music helps to take the edge off of stress, and refocus myself. What songs do you like to listen to when you’re stressed? Do you have a go to, or just listen to whatever?
- Also, you can listen to music when doing tedious tasks, like cleaning the house. It can make the time seem to go by faster, and the task quicker.
- Ever hear the phrase “Laughter is the best medicine”? That’s because it is! Laughter relieves physical tension and stress and helps to release endorphins. So go find some funny cat videos, watch a clip on screaming goats, or watch a comedy show!
Tell People How You Feel – Talk About it
- Let someone you care about know how stressed you are and talk to them about it. Maybe they can help you through the workload or even offer some emotional support. Lean on a support system.
- I don’t know about you, but I always feel better eating healthier foods. Junk foods tend to make me feel tired and lazy, while fruits and veggies energize me and boost my mood into a better place. Never eat sugar on an empty stomach – your mood will plummet.
Take a Break
- Take a moment to detach yourself from whatever stressful activity you’re doing and recenter/refocus yourself. You’ll feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
Stay Hydrated – Drink Plenty of Water
- Drinking plenty of water can reduce mental fatigue – you’ll have more energy to tackle stress!
- Take a couple minutes to stay in the moment and just breathe. Practice some breathing exercises and techniques, and you’ll be good to go!
Count Your Blessings
- While you’re working toward a goal, take the time to remember what you already have.
Get Enough Sleep
- Don’t stay up into the wee hours of the night, only to get up early. That’s not good for your mood, your body, or your mind. Go to bed at a reasonable time so you’ll wake up feeling less groggy.
- When I’m stressed, I like to let out the emotion and just sing! Let it out! Ever heard “Sing” by Pentatonix?
I hope this post was helpful to you! What are some ways you like to de-stress and refocus yourself? Let me know!
B E F O R E Y O U G O – Check out some other posts I know you’ll love!
- 15 Self-Care Ideas
- Get Happy (10 Recommendations For When You’re Down)
- WHEN, WHY, and HOW to Say NO.
- Why Quitting Can ACTUALLY Be A Good Thing
- Three Incredibly Motivating Quotes
Enjoy! Happy New Year! ❤ ❤