Second post in my super-fruit series! View the first one here: The Power of Grapefruit: Super-fruit Series! #1
Super-Fruit 2: Blueberries
10 Health Benefits and Facts:
- Blueberries are high in calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, Vitamin K (especially) and phosphorous, which helps to better bone health.
- Blueberries contain anthocyanin, which acts as an antioxidant and has anti-viral benefits.
- Blueberries also have anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Blueberries are rich in antioxidants and fiber.
- Anthocyanins also fight free radicals, which can damage the body’s cells and cause wrinkles/premature aging.
- Blueberries promote hair growth. They improve the circulation and oxygenation of blood throughout the body, especially in the scalp.
- Blueberries, like many other fruits, contain folate, which helps to inducethe production of serotonin. Serotonin can fight off depression and also improve your mood.
- Blueberries do not contain cholesterol.
- The high fiber content in blueberries aids the body in reducing the total amount of cholesterol present in the blood, and decreasing the risk of heart disease.
- Eating blueberries can offer youthful looking skin, and brighten up dull and/or sun damaged skin.
A R O U N D T H E W E B :
That’s all! If you are a food blogger and also have a blueberry recipe you’d want to share and have featured here, let me know.
Have a wonderful day!